This course is currently closed
- To introduce and sensitize the visually impaired to mobility, safety, and learning through technology, specifically, modern day Android smartphones
- To learn the essential nomenclature related to hardware and software of a smartphone and how to navigate a smartphone using inbuilt or downloadable assistive technologies
- To learn how to best use and employ smartphones for access to effective communication, orientation and mobility, and access, store, and use information.
- Anyone who is interested in working in this space is welcome. The trainer should be ready to spend time working with smartphones through talkback, explore the various additional assistive technology features that can make smartphones and their application more accessible to the visually impaired
- Visually impaired persons with experience using smartphones and related technologies are highly encouraged to apply.
- Basic English fluency is required. Although the trainers should be familiar with the local language in order to clarify any doubts and support the visually impaired students through this course, all units should be delivered in English.
- An Android Smartphone with Accessibility Features.